Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/02/02 09:48:55 UTC

ESQL: Problems getting null values

(using Cocoon 2.1.3)

I am trying to get null values in the database showing
up in XML via an ESQL query.

The original table is a mySQL table, where the "Value"
column is a double type.

When I use:

<esql:get-string column="Value"/>
I get
0.000000000000

And when I try:

<esql:get-double column="Value"/>
I get
0.0

As some values in the database are "genuine" zeroes,
how can I tell which are genuine and which are null
if the ESQL methods do not return the correct response?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

RE: ESQL: Problems getting null values

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@wlkp.org>.
> I am trying to get null values in the database showing
> up in XML via an ESQL query.
<esql:is-null/>

My regards
	Leszek Gawron