Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Oskar Zinger <os...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/26 15:29:27 UTC

Recommended sequences of shutdown of Derby Network Server and Derby Engine

What's the recommended sequence of shutdown of Derby... if for example I have Derby Network Server and Derby Engine running. What should be shutdown first?

Currently, I shutdown Network Server and then the Engine, the reason is so that Derby does not get rebooted by someone else making a call.

Thanks,
Oskar

Re: Recommended sequences of shutdown of Derby Network Server and Derby Engine

Posted by Dag Wanvik <da...@oracle.com>.
On 27.02.2013 00:29, Oskar Zinger wrote:
> What's the recommended sequence of shutdown of Derby... if for example
> I have Derby Network Server and Derby Engine running. What should be
> shutdown first?
>
> Currently, I shutdown Network Server and then the Engine, the reason
> is so that Derby does not get rebooted by someone else making a call.

Sounds like a good approach to me. The network server is "really" just
an application using the Derby engine via the embedded JDBC driver.
Stopping the server before the database engine is therefore fine.

Thanks,
Dag