Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Ken Barclay <kb...@ancestry.com> on 2015/07/28 20:01:56 UTC

Any way to reset Ambari Install Wizard?

Hello,

I upgraded a small test cluster from HDP 2.1 to HDP 2.2 and Ambari 2.0.1. In following the steps to replace Nagios + Ganglia with the Ambari Metrics System using the Ambari Wizard, an install failure occurred on one node due to an outdated glibc library. I updated glibc and verified the Metrics packages could be installed, but couldn’t go back and finish the installation through the wizard. The problem is: it flags some of the default settings, saying they need to be changed, but it skips past the screen very quickly that enables those settings to be changed, without allowing anything to be entered. So the button that allows you to proceed with the installation never becomes enabled.

I subsequently manually finished the Metrics installation using the Ambari API and have it running in Distributed mode. But Ambari’s wizard cannot be used for anything now: the same problem described above occurs for every service I try to install.

Can Ambari be reset somehow in this situation, or do I need to reinstall it?
Or do you recommend installing 2.1?

Thanks
Ken

Re: Any way to reset Ambari Install Wizard?

Posted by Artem Ervits <db...@gmail.com>.
Click on browser's inspect element at that stage, see what errors you get.

Re: Any way to reset Ambari Install Wizard?

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
Gets a recent troubleshooting guide for Ambari
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.1.0/bk_ambari_troubleshooting/content/index.html

Posted by Artem Ervits <db...@gmail.com>.
I can't find it but here's some architecture design.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Design

From: <db...@gmail.com>> on behalf of Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Cc: David Sidlo <DS...@ancestry.com>>
Subject: Re: Any way to reset Ambari Install Wizard?

    raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name<http://self.name> + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
[...]

ERROR:  update or delete on table "clusterservices" violates foreign key constraint "srvccmponentdesiredstatesrvcnm" on table "servicecomponentdesiredstate"
DETAIL:  Key (service_name,cluster_id)=(KAFKA,2) is still referenced from table "servicecomponentdesiredstate".
STATEMENT:  DELETE FROM clusterservices WHERE ((cluster_id = $1) AND (service_name = $2))
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
STATEMENT:  SELECT 1
ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "clusterservices_pkey"

From: <db...@gmail.com>> on behalf of Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, October 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM

To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>

[...]

http://<ambari<http://%3Cambari> host>:8080/api/v1

This can be accessed using a standard curl call similar to:
Curl –u admin:admin –H ‘X-Requested-By: ambari’ http://<ambari<http://%3Cambari> host>:8080/api/v1

[...]

Goto rest: OPTION –X PUT OPTION –d '{"HostRoles":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}' /clusters/${cluster_name}/hosts/${hostname}/host_components/${component}
  8.  Next set cluster status
Goto rest: OPTION –X POST OPTION –d '{"CLUSTER_CURRENT_STATUS": "{"clusterState":"CLUSTER_STARTED_5"}"}’  /persist
  9.  Now set each service to an installed state
Goto rest: OPTION –X PUT OPTION -d'{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}’ /clusters/${cluster_name}/services/${service_name}

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Gover <ag...@blackberry.com>.
Hi Artem,

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <db...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ken Barclay <kb...@ancestry.com>.
Hi Artem,

I started with 2.0.1, and upgraded it to 2.1 back in August.

Posted by Artem Ervits <db...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>.