Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/05/10 19:00:41 UTC

CLAs [Action required]

Folks:

As a follow-on to Mohammad's email:

If you are in the Initial committer list at [1] and your name is not
highlighted in green the secretary of the ASF (Craig) has no record of
a submitted ICLA from you. Craig requests that you submit the ICLA
'from their own email addresses (corresponding to the ICLA itself),
identifying Cloudstack as their project, and proposing a committer
id.'

Please also note that the suggestion on the ICLA submission [2] has
changed very recently, with the note:
'The ICLA is not tied to any employer you may have, so it is
recommended to use one's personal email address in the contact
details, rather than an @work address.'

Thanks,

--David

[1] http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Tracking+ASF+ICLA+Submissions

[2] http://apache.org/licenses/#clas

Re: CLAs [Action required]

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Sheng - this was a list started on wiki.cloudstack.org denotes folks
who engineering recorded as having submitted an ICLA - the committer
index linked on that page reflects the ICLAs that the ASF records as
having actually been received.

--David

Re: CLAs [Action required]

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
(Removing secretary@apache.org as no reason to CC it here)

Hi Sheng...

   I mentioned that they are listed but no ICLA filed yet, please have a
look at [1]

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/2sbh7k2hzrrqr36w

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> wrote:

> I am confused.
>
> The list said "The following initial committers have submitted ICLA":
>
> But ASF got no record?
>
> --
> regards
> Yang, Sheng
>

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> > Folks:
> >
> > As a follow-on to Mohammad's email:
> >
> > If you are in the Initial committer list at [1] and your name is not
> > highlighted in green the secretary of the ASF (Craig) has no record of
> > a submitted ICLA from you. Craig requests that you submit the ICLA
> > 'from their own email addresses (corresponding to the ICLA itself),
> > identifying Cloudstack as their project, and proposing a committer
> > id.'
> >
> > Please also note that the suggestion on the ICLA submission [2] has
> > changed very recently, with the note:
> > 'The ICLA is not tied to any employer you may have, so it is
> > recommended to use one's personal email address in the contact
> > details, rather than an @work address.'
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --David
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Tracking+ASF+ICLA+Submissions