Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/06 14:36:35 UTC

Issues running Minicluster in o.a.a.start.Main

I'm having issues running the minicluster both in the 'accumulo proxy -p
proxy.properties' and via 'accumulo minicluster'. It looks like the
Zookeeper process is not starting and the MAC is going into an infinite
loop waiting for it to start.

I checked the Master.err logs for the minicluster command and I see the
following:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/vfs2/impl/VFSClassLoader
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/vfs2/impl/VFSClassLoader
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2521)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2764)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1653)
at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:42)
org.apache.commons.vfs2.impl.VFSClassLoader
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
... 5 more

the commons-vfs2.jar is in Accumulo's lib directory. I'm using Hadoop 1.2.1.

Re: Issues running Minicluster in o.a.a.start.Main

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I am working on a fix for this.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had started my bisect at the first commit at which it was introduced,
> though it looks like it still took me on a similar path as where it took
> you- needless to say, after the 9 or so steps that it allowed me to take,
> the minicuster command was still broken.

I think this comes back to my original point about the classpath.  The
Accumulo scripts are not setting up the Java classpath in a way thats
useful for MAC.  I was wondering if there was ever something special being
done to handle this case, it appears not.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keith,
>
> It appears that the proxy's useMini and the minicluster command broke
> somewhere between
>
> 1edccf6b30541841bb08329317c6289aca8c8d73
> ACCUMULO-1707 applying Steve's patch
>
> and
>
> 98d7a9efc6d07e71d3803b3830bf9dc9ce8dec9d
> ACCUMULO-1558 made import table fail when files do not exist
>
> There was some weird merging happening during that sequence of commits. At
> some point it looks like the master pom was set to version 1.5.1. If a bug

Were you using git bisect?  If so you may be seeing the behavior I was
where git bisect jumped to a 1.5.1 commit that was merged into master.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I have "accumulo minicluster" working now.   I changed the way MAC
determines what classpath to use.  I pushed a commit [1] to a branch on
github[2] if you want to take a look.  I am still experimenting with the
change.   I ran into some other bugs in master while working on this and
fixed those.  I also reopened ACCUMULO-1368 rather than opening a new
ticket.

[1]
https://github.com/keith-turner/accumulo/commit/1b9fbbc82a49e4939179f2f7b0b013517836b7f0
[2] https://github.com/keith-turner/accumulo/tree/ACCUMULO-1368