Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/05/29 01:40:57 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c http_request.c

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:38:31PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/05/28 16:38:31
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                modules/http http_protocol.c http_request.c
>   Log:
>   Correctly return 413 when an invalid chunk size is given on input.
>
>   - If get_chunk_size() returns a negative number, that probably implies
>     an overflow.  So, create a 413 error and pass it to the output filters.
>   - Modify ap_discard_request_body() to return OK quickly if we're a subreq
>     or our status code implies that we will be dropping the connection.
>   - Modify ap_die() so that if the new status implies that we will drop
>     the connection, that we correctly indicate that we can not keepalive
>     this connection.  (Without this, the error is returned, but the connection
>     is not closed.)

This should resolve the invalid chunk line problem by returning 413.

I ran with httpd-test and all of the tests passed - except for some
SSL tests which are still broken for me due to my OpenSSL version.

Please let me know if you find any problems with this.  This took
a LOT longer than it should have.  =(  -- justin