Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by femski <hy...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/27 11:51:11 UTC

Problem with generating IDs from table

Folks !

I am using following table-generator to generate primary key IDs:

value-column-name="value" pk-column-value="ObjId"/>

Then I use it in usual way:

    @Id @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.TABLE,generator="ObjId")

Problem is OpenJPA is looking for column "value0" in the table. Toplink
correctly generated ID from "value" column.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

thanks,

-Sanjay

Re: Problem with generating IDs from table

Posted by femski <hy...@yahoo.com>.
I changed the SequenceColumn to "seq_val" from "value" which you said was a
reserved word and it worked !

thanks,

Re: Problem with generating IDs from table

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Sanjay-

If you declare the generator as an annotation rather than in the
orm.xml file, does it change anything? E.g.:

     @Id @GeneratedValue
(strategy=GenerationType.TABLE,generator="ObjId")
     @SequenceGenerator(name="ObjId" sequence="table
(Table=ObjId_Gen,SequenceColumn=value,PrimaryKeyColumn=ObjId)")

I don't see why that would change it, but it's worth a shot.

FTR, OpenJPA is probably tacking on a "0" to the end of the column
name because it deems "value" to be a reserved word in SQL. However,
when you manually specify the name of the column, I thought that that
always overrode the suffixing of the name.