Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Singh, Harsimranjit (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ha...@nsn.com> on 2012/01/30 04:31:52 UTC

Maven Setup for Existing Plugin Development Project(Eclipse Plugin)

Hi

I have Old Project for Eclipse plug-in Development.I want to  bring that
in maven but not helping.

Is this possible?

I searched lot but not find much details\help.Please provide help me or
provide some reference link.

Thanks
Harsimran

Re: Maven Setup for Existing Plugin Development Project(Eclipse Plugin)

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Singh, Harsimranjit (NSN -
IN/Bangalore) <ha...@nsn.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have to use maven and that maven 2 only so option left

Why Maven 2 only?
Maven 3 should be backwards compatible for your needs.

> 1) Upgrade to latest version of Eclipse PDE:
> Can you explain about this I am not suire how it will help?

I assume you are using an older Eclipse PDE version.
You will need to go through more steps, e.g. populating your local
Repository Manager with Eclipse artefacts, if you don't upgrade.

The newer eclipse artefacts are available in a Maven repository.
e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.eclipse%22
I'm not sure where 3.3+ jars are located, I went looking but couldn't
locate the documentation.
I thought sonatype were providing a Nexus instance which had this stuff in it.

> 2) pde-maven-plugin:
>
> Which approach you follow to use pde-maven-plugin?.Some reference apart
> from that link?

Not really.

Try googling.

All pde-maven-plugin does is call out via a shell to invoke the
Eclipse PDE ant build scripts.
Its ugly but it will work.

If you go down this path beware of the dragons.

You would have more chances of success by trying tycho instead.
At least there is a user list where you could ask questions.
You are on your own with pde-maven-plugin.

RE: Maven Setup for Existing Plugin Development Project(Eclipse Plugin)

Posted by "Singh, Harsimranjit (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ha...@nsn.com>.
Any Help on maven 2

I am not able to use pde-maven-plugin in my existing PDE project?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Singh, Harsimranjit (NSN -
IN/Bangalore) <ha...@nsn.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for reply . I am using Maven 2.2.1
>
> Is sonatype support maven 2?
>
> Also I found:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/pde-maven-plugin/
>

> So which one I should use?

pde-maven-plugin is dead, but usable.

Your options include:
* Upgrade to Maven 3+
* Upgrade to latest version of Eclipse PDE
* Dont use Maven

I'd recommend upgrading Eclipse PDE anyway as you not find any Eclipse
jars available for the older environment.

We are stuck on Eclipse RCP 3.2.2 and use pde-maven-plugin fine.

RE: Maven Setup for Existing Plugin Development Project(Eclipse Plugin)

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Singh, Harsimranjit (NSN -

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.