Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2012/02/01 05:47:14 UTC

Re: Apollo and websockets

Since it's been requested so much I started working on it today and made
good progress.  The next snapshot build of apollo 1.1-SNAPSHOT should have
WebSocket support.  Just add connectors for the 'ws://' or 'wss://'
protocols to the apollo.xml file.  For example:

  <connector id="ws"  bind="ws://0.0.0.0:61623"  connection_limit="2000"/>
  <connector id="wss" bind="wss://0.0.0.0:61624" connection_limit="2000"/>

Stomp frames get sent as binary to the JS client which it did not
originally expect, so I've patched up the following JS client lib to handle
that case:
https://github.com/chirino/stomp-websocket

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM, chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> Apollo does not yet support WebSockets.  :(
> Issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APLO-145
> has already been raised.  And I totally agree with it.  We should suport
> it.

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*