Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2009/05/04 22:52:53 UTC

Another student

Hi Everybody!

I've got a student here at NDSU that is interested in working on our
project. Sounds like they are interested in getting some experience and
doing something useful with their summer. It would be outside of GSoC
and they've been told that there will be no compensation. I may be able
to score some Google swag for them, or we may be able to work through a
different collaboration group.

I've suggested a couple of ideas to them to work on. Not sure how much
time they will have at the moment, so I'm looking for small chunks of
work that could be added together. Here's what I've come up with:

CSS Editor
Fix Kupu
Look for Kupu replacement
Testing and management of our Bugzilla entries

Any other ideas?

Richard

Re: Another student

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On Mon, 04 May 2009 15:52:53 -0500, Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>
wrote:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I've got a student here at NDSU that is interested in working on our
> project. Sounds like they are interested in getting some experience and
> doing something useful with their summer. It would be outside of GSoC
> and they've been told that there will be no compensation. I may be able
> to score some Google swag for them, or we may be able to work through a
> different collaboration group.
>
> I've suggested a couple of ideas to them to work on. Not sure how much
> time they will have at the moment, so I'm looking for small chunks of
> work that could be added together. Here's what I've come up with:
>
> CSS Editor
> Fix Kupu
> Look for Kupu replacement
> Testing and management of our Bugzilla entries
>

> Any other ideas?

Some another personal ideas :

* SYP (See Your Pipe) :
An "addon" to the dev module that allow in a lenya page to fire a pipe and
to see the result of this pipe in this page.
The selection of the pipe to fire was done by an input type="text" and a go
button.
A cool version of this can be :
- have a list of pipe to fire
- each processing step result is write on a lenya page
With this we can easily see the transformation of our xml stream on each
step of the global processing step and detect errors...

* MLToWiki
In order to capitalize knowledge that is send on the ML, a module that get
new mail and create a page for each thread.
When the tread is finish (or not) an end-user can edit this page, pick-up
interesting part and rapidly create a cool tips and trick, tutorial,
decision page.
Many other usable functionality could be add to this module after that...

* EndUser create account :
can have a bloc in lenya page that allow to end user to create an account,
without have to send a request to the site administrator.

I'm ready to send a little hand (so much time less) to this subject.

Re: Another student

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Richard Frovarp schrieb:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I've got a student here at NDSU that is interested in working on our
> project. Sounds like they are interested in getting some experience and
> doing something useful with their summer. It would be outside of GSoC
> and they've been told that there will be no compensation. I may be able
> to score some Google swag for them, or we may be able to work through a
> different collaboration group.
>
> I've suggested a couple of ideas to them to work on. Not sure how much
> time they will have at the moment, so I'm looking for small chunks of
> work that could be added together. Here's what I've come up with:
>
> CSS Editor
> Fix Kupu
> Look for Kupu replacement

> Testing and management of our Bugzilla entries

Big +1 for this one.

Some more:

* Check if the tutorials on the website are up to date
* Flesh out the documentation
* Write more web tests
* Write an article or some blog posts for beginners

I could probably help with either of these, if I'm not too busy with
projects.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO