Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/27 04:06:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.1 (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.1!

The tag to be voted on is v1.0.1-rc1 (commit 7feeda3):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=7feeda3d729f9397aa15ee8750c01ef5aa601962

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.1-rc1/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1020/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.0.1-rc1-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.1!

The vote is open until Monday, June 30, at 03:00 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

=== About this release ===
This release fixes a few high-priority bugs in 1.0 and has a variety
of smaller fixes. The full list is here: http://s.apache.org/b45. Some
of the more visible patches are:

SPARK-2043: ExternalAppendOnlyMap doesn't always find matching keys
SPARK-2156 and SPARK-1112: Issues with jobs hanging due to akka frame size.
SPARK-1790: Support r3 instance types on EC2.

This is the first maintenance release on the 1.0 line. We plan to make
additional maintenance releases as new fixes come in.

- Patrick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.1 (RC1)

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.
Ok that's reasonable -- it's certainly more of an enhancement than a
critical bug-fix.  I would like to get this in for 1.1.0 though, so let's
talk through the right way to do that on the PR.

In the meantime the best alternative is running with lax firewall settings,
which can be somewhat mitigated by modifying the ephemeral port range.

Thanks!
Andrew

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey All,

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Krishna Sankar <ks...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
(Forgot to mention, that UI bug is not in Spark 1.0.0, so it is technically
a regression)

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1