Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Maity, Debashish" <De...@softwareag.com> on 2014/10/20 17:07:18 UTC

Hadoop Distributed Caching Technology

Hi,

Is there a way to use some other cache technology instead of memcache which is out of box in Hadoop Map-Reduce jobs.

Cheers,
Deb

Re: Hadoop Distributed Caching Technology

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Debashish,

Do you mind describing in a little more detail the benefits you're
interested in with different caching technology?  The Hadoop distributed
cache, HDFS caching, memcached, and Hazelcast are all related to "caching",
but aim to solve very different problems.

-Sandy

Posted by "Maity, Debashish" <De...@softwareag.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Deb,