Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2009/04/16 06:08:55 UTC

Maven 2.1.0 site issue

Team, please advise, I am not able to generate sites using Maven 2.1.0.

I have Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-18 15:10:27-0400).

My error is listed below.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

[INFO] [site:site]
[ERROR] No Issue Management set. JIRA Report will not be generated.
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] null
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.PathUtils.getRelat
ivePath(PathUtils.java:83)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.PathUtils.convertP
ath(PathUtils.java:43)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.DefaultDecorationM
odelInheritanceAssembler.convertPath(DefaultDecorationModelInheritanceAssembler.
java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.DefaultDecorationM
odelInheritanceAssembler.resolveLinkItemPaths(DefaultDecorationModelInheritanceA
ssembler.java:255)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.DefaultDecorationM
odelInheritanceAssembler.mergeLinkItemLists(DefaultDecorationModelInheritanceAss
embler.java:277)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.DefaultDecorationM
odelInheritanceAssembler.assembleBodyInheritance(DefaultDecorationModelInheritan
ceAssembler.java:192)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.site.decoration.inheritance.DefaultDecorationM
odelInheritanceAssembler.assembleModelInheritance(DefaultDecorationModelInherita

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Maven 2.1.0 site issue

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
You don't tell us which version of the Site Plugin you are using.
Judging by the error message you are running into a bug that was fixed
in version 2.0 of the Site Plugin. Please try to update to that version.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Maven 2.1.0 site issue

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi Alexander,

Does the following command work (if not, please give us the output, if one
doesn't work in the given order, don't try the following):
* mvn clean
* mvn process-resources
* mvn compile
* mvn test
* mvn verify
* mvn package

Cheers.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Maven 2.1.0 site issue

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen
Mills) <am...@deloitte.com> wrote:

> I have Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-18 15:10:27-0400).
>
> My error is listed below.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

While it shouldn't be throwing uninformative NPE's, you're not giving
us much to go on here.  I'm able to execute "mvn site" with a project
created from the quickstart archetype using 2.1.0.  What's different
about your project?

>From the error, I'm going to guess it has something to do with the
missing issue management section... have you configured a plugin that
would be trying to use it?

This works:
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.example -DartifactId=myproject
cd myproject
mvn site

--
Wendy