Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lyons, Roy" <Ro...@cmegroup.com> on 2013/08/09 16:11:44 UTC

Maven 3.1 profile activation

So...  They released sonar-maven-plugin 2.1...  and my corporate pom is nice enough to developers to choose the right sonar plugin based on maven version...

                <profile>
                        <id>maven-2</id>
                        <activation>
                                <file>
                                        <!-- basedir expression is only recognized by Maven 3.x (see MNG-2363) -->
                                        <missing>${basedir}</missing>
                                </file>
                        </activation>
                <profile>
                        <id>maven-3</id>
                        <activation>
                                <file>
                                        <!-- This employs that the basedir expression is only recognized by
                                                Maven 3.x (see MNG-2363) -->
                                        <exists>${basedir}</exists>
                                </file>
                        </activation>

Now I have a problem...

The profile maven-3 will be activated for 3.1, and I have no currently known way to determine if it is 3.1 or not.

I am looking to get some suggestions from the community as to the best way to compensate for this issue.  I don't see any new variables I can test, and I dont see any properties which show the maven version...

Thanks,

Roy Lyons

Re: Maven 3.1 profile activation

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you don't need to add a new profile. the new plugin is still compatible
with maven 3.0.x (See comment [1])

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSONAR-22

Vincent