Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shashank Tripathi <sh...@shanx.com> on 2000/12/03 09:26:17 UTC

Charset issues with multiple includes?

Hi,

I am having difficulty with charset on my server. This is the top part of my
code:

	<% page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=Shift_JIS" %>
	<%@ include file="file1.jsp" %>
	<%@ include file="file2.jsp" %>
	<%@ include file="file3.jsp" %>

I tried to specify the charset in the "contentType" directive of the main
program file as above, but it doesnt work for the content of the included
files (file3.jsp, for example). If I include a CHARSET directive in all the
files, I obviously get a compilation error...what gives?

Would appreciate any pointers/suggestions. Is there any way I can make sure
that the charset is the correct one, but not have to mention it in all the
include files? And no, at this juncture, we cannot get rid of the
includes...

Thanks in advance!
Shanx

--