Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Yuri <yu...@rawbw.com> on 2019/07/04 23:33:07 UTC

Is hadoop maintained?

I created this bug report, in an attempt to fix the FreeBSD port:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16388 but there was no answer.

Does anybody know if Hadoop is a maintained project, and if yes, how to
get a hold of somebody who can help with this bug?

Thank you,

Yuri

Re: Is hadoop maintained?

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Yuri,
FreeBSD is not currently a supported operating system for Hadoop, and as
far as I know it receives pretty limited attention in the community.

Last time I checked, Hadoop source code does not compile on FreeBSD (Hadoop
2.x) out of box and FreeBSD's port has some source code change in order to
pass compilation.

Based on the error message, it looks to me the error is within
dev-support/bin/dist-layout-stitching

function findfileindir()
{
  declare file="$1"
  declare dir="${2:-./share}"
  declare count

  count=$(find "${dir}" -iname "${file}" | wc -l)

  #shellcheck disable=SC2086
  echo ${count}
}

if [[ -f "${src}" ]]; then
  srcname=${src##*/}
  if [[ "${srcname}" != *.jar ||
        $(findfileindir "${srcname}") -eq "0" ]]; then
    destdir=$(dirname "${dest}")
    mkdir -p "${destdir}"
    cp -p "${src}" "${dest}"
  fi

and this script is invoked by Maven hadoop-dist/pom.xml

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>dist</id>
      <phase>prepare-package</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>exec</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
        <executable>${shell-executable}</executable>
        <workingDirectory>${project.build.directory}</workingDirectory>
        <requiresOnline>false</requiresOnline>
        <arguments>
          <argument>${basedir}/../dev-support/bin/dist-layout-stitching</argument>
          <argument>${project.version}</argument>
          <argument>${project.build.directory}</argument>
        </arguments>
      </configuration>
    </execution>

I hope this'll get you somewhere.