Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francois JEANMOUGIN <Fr...@123multimedia.com> on 2003/10/16 12:28:58 UTC

Clustering tomcat 4

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, and, of course, I have a question. I try to make a LinuxVirtualServer with several tomcat instances. So, I have servers with tomcat, Jvm, etc, installed (formerly JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME) and I find the CATALINA_BASE directories on a file server. That is, conf, webapps, temp, work and logs are shared between servers...

I think you begin to understand my problem.

I found in the mailing list archive a good way to manage connectors (using entities). It works well. Now, I have a problem with the loggers. I really don't want to manage all the loggers of all the hosts by myself. So I need to put dynamic attributes in Loggers definitions, so that I can have the server name (node name) in the log file name. Ideally, I would like to dynamically adjust prefix or suffix attributes of the Logger definition.

Has anyone found a way to do it ?

Thank you for any help.

François.