Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/12/01 08:19:42 UTC

Re: Question about how to enter an accounting transaction

Jim,

the accounting transaction's partyId and roleTypeId are used by some of
the automatic posting services to better specify the transaction.

For example, when you issue inventory for a sales shipment, the
accounting transaction is created with the shipmentId set, and with the
partyId = ship-to-party and roleTypeId = "bill to customer"

You may try to run some outo posting routines and see how the
transactions look like.

If you need notes on how to do this, I'll provide them (it's really very
easy with default demo data).

Jacopo

Posted by Jim Barrows <ji...@gmail.com>.
That's the plan.. however I haven't gotten an anser to my question of
what the values mean, an are used for in the transaction type drop
down.   I'm hoping to spend some time today scouring the code and see
if they're used for anything.

--
James A Barrows

Re: Question about how to enter an accounting transaction

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Jim,

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.