Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> on 2011/06/06 20:54:56 UTC

Getting & Building source

The guide still says:

INSTALL RAVE MASTER PROJECTThe Rave project itself (this one) depends on
the separate Rave Master project which, while still unreleased, first
needs to be build separately and installed before this project can be
build. This checkout can be done in any directory/folder.

The Rave Master project can be checked out from:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/rave-master-pom/trunk
rave-master.

Can we remove this line as it should be available from SNAPSHOT?

-Matt

Re: Getting & Building source

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 06/09/2011 07:25 AM, Zhenhua (Gerald) Guo wrote:
> Is this how RAVE is supposed to be built (fetch rave-master from maven
> repo automatically)?
Yes.

The rave-master-pom and the rave-project have both their own "release cycle"
(hence separate trunk/tag/branches), allowing us to keep and maintain changes to
the rave-master-pom like developers info etc. independent.

> Or the user should download rave-master and build it before rave is built?
No, that should not be needed for users or end-developer.
Rave committers however will need to check it out *if* changes are needed on
rave-master-pom. But in most cases such changes should be unrelated to a
specific release from rave-project itself, or be applicable for all releases
after that change (or up to the next rave-master-pom change/release).

Ate

Re: Getting & Building source

Posted by "Zhenhua (Gerald) Guo" <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Getting & Building source

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 06/08/2011 06:40 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> Yep.  That got it.  I figured it was an easy config change :).
Yes!
My bad and a typical error I've made before... :)
Thanks for finding and fixing it.
I've just refined the apache.snapshots repository usage to ensure its only used
for SNAPSHOT dependencies (no releases should be retrieved from there).

> Do you want to update the site and README.txt?
Hope you don't mind: I already just did.

Ate

Re: Getting & Building source

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Re: Getting & Building source