Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joey Carr <Jo...@CanopySystems.com> on 2000/10/19 22:05:34 UTC

Cocoon Advocacy

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement Cocoon as a part of my company's product for a
number of reasons--dedication to open source being one of them, but more
importantly it is simply the right way to do things, Cocoon is that cool.
But, alas, I'm a lowly developer and I need to convince management that this
is a safe product, that we aren't going to find out that it will crash our
server daily three months from now.

Is anyone out there willing to write a little testimonial e-mail to me?
Does anyone have a horror story?  I realize that this is almost a request
for free consultation, which may not be kosher, but anyone who has used
Cocoon in a production environment in the Chapel Hill area can get a free
lunch out of it (I've been authorized to offer up the company's money for
that).

Thanks everyone,
	Joey

Re: Cocoon Advocacy

Posted by "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <tp...@spin.ch>.
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Joey Carr wrote:

> Is anyone out there willing to write a little testimonial e-mail to me?
> Does anyone have a horror story?

There was a post recently saying that he ran into out of memory errors
(I do not remember the *exact* error message) coming from the java
engine. We have been seeing this as well. After setting some memory size
options in the jserv config (described in the jserv FAQ) we *seem* to be
fine again, but I'm not sure yet, we've fixed this only a few days ago.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11