Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/13 07:36:33 UTC

Re: Hudson build became unstable: stanbol-trunk-1.6 » Apache Stanbol Enhancer Integration Tests #15

Hi

after some digging I found the reason for this is the unavailability
of the geonames.org webserivce

see this section in the log

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
503 for URL: http://ws.geonames.org/search?name=Paris&maxRows=5&type=json&style=FULL
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1313)
	at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.geonames.impl.GeonamesAPIWrapper.searchToponyms(GeonamesAPIWrapper.java:358)
	at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.geonames.impl.LocationEnhancementEngine.computeEnhancements(LocationEnhancementEngine.java:292)
	... 42 more

I suggest to deactivate all engines that depend on external service
for the integration builds. However I have no Idea how to do that
other than creating an own sling launcher configuration that excludes
such engines.

best
Rupert

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/2/13 Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> after some digging I found the reason for this is the unavailability
> of the geonames.org webserivce
>
> see this section in the log
>
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
> 503 for URL: http://ws.geonames.org/search?name=Paris&maxRows=5&type=json&style=FULL
>        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1313)
>        at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.geonames.impl.GeonamesAPIWrapper.searchToponyms(GeonamesAPIWrapper.java:358)
>        at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.geonames.impl.LocationEnhancementEngine.computeEnhancements(LocationEnhancementEngine.java:292)
>        ... 42 more
>
> I suggest to deactivate all engines that depend on external service
> for the integration builds. However I have no Idea how to do that
> other than creating an own sling launcher configuration that excludes
> such engines.

A launcher for off-line stanbol is a good idea anyway: it would be
useful for people pre-loading the entithub with precomputed entity
dumps and only use enhancements related to this local base without
relying on an internet connection to remote services and / or
knowledge bases.

--
Olivier