Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Nishanth Nair -X (nisnair - Infosys at Cisco)" <ni...@cisco.com> on 2009/07/09 08:19:18 UTC

Getting the exception - definition mismatch between parent and child loaders

Hi All,

I posted the below query in some forums and didnt get any response,
hence hoping to get a solution here.

We are using xmlbeans 2.4 in our project.
Java version = J2RE 1.4.2 and websphere 5.1

At runtime the xml doc gets created fine but when we use the xPath
functionality to edit the document, we get the following exception -

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class javax/xml/transform/Source
violates loader constraints:  definition mismatch between parent and
child loaders
 [7/2/09 16:18:27:183 PDT]  f72606c SystemErr     R  at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictSe
rvletInstance.java:143)
 [7/2/09 16:18:27:183 PDT]  f72606c SystemErr     R  at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLi
fecycleServlet.java:174)
 [7/2/09 16:18:27:183 PDT]  f72606c SystemErr     R  at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:313)
 [7/2/09 16:18:27:183 PDT]  f72606c SystemErr     R  at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLif
ecycleServlet.java:116)

We also tried placing the xml beans related jars ahead in the class
path.
I tested the functionality standalone using all the below mentioned jars
and there was no conflict.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
Any pointers in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Below are some of the jar files in the classpath of the project -

xmlbeans-qname.jar
xbean_xpath.jar
xbean.jar
saxon9-dom.jar