Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/02/25 15:24:59 UTC

Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Hello team,

I'm planning to cut Oak 1.3.17 and 1.4.0 on Monday 29th February around
10am GMT.

We currently have 1 blocker issue and 1 that is not blocker.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4012
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4043

This means I will defer the non-blocker and block for as long as the
blocker is in place.

Please I'd like to remind you all that off the same revision I'll branch
out 1.4 and release 1.4.0. These two activities are blocked as well on
the 1.3.17 as I'll branch off the same revision of the tag for the release.

So the activity will be

- cut 1.3.17
- branch off 1.4
- cut 1.4.0

If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise I will
re-schedule any non-resolved issue for the next iteration.

Thanks
Davide

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed OAK-4068 related error (in IndexDefinitionTest).

Regards,
Tommaso

Re: [Blocked] Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
I'm starting the release process at 2.45pm GMT.

This will involve

- run test+pedantic locally
- if fine branch
- if fine cut the load

I will take care to re-schedule and jira side of things.

Please refrain any commit on trunk for as long as you don't see the vote
email for 1.4.0

Cheers
davide

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

I just create another issue potentially blocking
the 1.4 release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4077

The issue was reported to me by Zygmunt Wiercioch. He
is working on an upgrade from Oak 1.0 to 1.4 and tried
to update an existing application specific node type
during the upgrade process.

Regards
 Marcel

Posted by Vikas Saurabh <vi...@gmail.com>.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4066
This issue is resolved now.

Re: [Blocked] Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
as far as I know Vikas is working on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4066 and the fix should get
pushed shortly.

Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
and

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 25/02/2016 15:48, Alex Parvulescu wrote:
>> If 1.3.17 contains the same as 1.4.0 then why do we even want to create a
> 1.3.17 release?
> I agree, if 1.3.17 == 1.4.0, cutting 2 releases makes very little sense.

Will go for this. It ease my game :)

Cheers
Davide

Re: Oak 1.3.17/1.4.0 release plan