Posted to users@maven.apache.org by de...@canoo.com on 2006/09/20 10:59:09 UTC

configuration of Junit tests

Hello,
Im pretty new to M2 I must say. Nevertheless I would like to understand how I can do things such as calling a test class with VM arguments.
In our project we have got something similar to M2. The module has got a descriptor in which a user can configure a unit test suite including
arguments for this unit test.
such as:
<component id="foo">
<unittest id="bar" classname="com.x.y.z.AllTests" args="-DaKey=aValue -DanotherKey=anotherValue">
</unittest>
</component>

I've seen that the surefire plugin executes all classes with a specific pattern. So I could define the class to be executed easily. But how would I deal with VM arguments.

Does anyone has got a nice way of defining those ?

thanks,
detlef

Re: configuration of Junit tests

Posted by Iulian Costan <iu...@gmail.com>.
i think you need systemProperties tag; sample bellow:

<configuration>
        <skip>false</skip>
        <systemProperties>
            <property>
                <name>HOST</name>
                <value>${host}</value>
                <name>CONTEXT</name>
                <value>${project.build.finalName}</value>
                <name>PORT</name>
                <value>${tomcat.port}</value>
            </property>
        </systemProperties>