Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Hyatt, Matthew G" <mg...@tva.gov> on 2009/03/02 23:12:34 UTC

Issues installing FUSE_DFS

When we try to mount the dfs from fuse we are getting the following
errors. Has anyone seen this issues in the past? This is on version
0.19.0

[root@socdvmhdfs1]# fuse_dfs dfs://socdvmhdfs1:9000 /hdfs
port=9000,server=socdvmhdfs1
fuse-dfs didn't recognize /hdfs,-2

[root@socdvmhdfs1]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      5.8G  3.7G  1.9G  67% /
/dev/sda1              99M   18M   77M  19% /boot
tmpfs                 506M     0  506M   0% /dev/shm
df: `/hdfs': Input/output error

Matthew G. Hyatt
Tennessee Valley Authority
TRO Configuration Management
System Admin UNIX/NT
phone: 423-751-4189
e-mail: mghyatt@tva.gov

Re: Issues installing FUSE_DFS

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
I've never heard of such a thing, but I would be (pleasantly)
surprised if that worked.  What kind of issues are you having?

I would run things in debug mode, see what issues come up in the
terminal, and whack at it until (a) it works or (b) you find Samba
requires something simply not supported by Hadoop.

Brian

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Hey Matthew,