Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Bleses <ob...@novell.com> on 2004/10/01 11:40:08 UTC

Conversion - performance

Hi,

I have performance problems when generating documents.
For a file with a size of 517 Ko, it takes more than 2 minutes to
generate the html file (1373 Ko).
For this generation, I wrote 2 xsl (and I reference the docbook.xsl) and
I use Xalan 2.6.0.
The result is ok but how can I improve performance ?

Thanks
Olivier

RE: Conversion - performance

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>.
Some further details would be useful:

Sample data (not all of it, but an idea of it's complexity)
XSLT

Cocoon version, container version (Tomcat etc)
Caching
JVM info (version, parameters)

Another issue is actually the time it takes for your browser to render the
page, which can be a long time for large files.

There are many techniques for improving performance, the first is often XSLT
design.

Ben