Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/10 10:40:03 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Better late than never,

There should be no 72 hours limit, it's the opposite -- the vote should run
for AT LEAST 72 hours:

Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to provide
> an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate regardless of their
> geographic locations.

From here:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#expressing-votes-1-0-1-and-fractions

Shall we create a new vote for 5.5.0-beta-3 from latest state of master?

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.
> There should be no 72 hours limit, it's the opposite -- the vote should run
> for AT LEAST 72 hours:

Absolutely. E.g. it is not uncommon for Apache Cayenne (that I am involved with) to run votes for longer than a week to let everyone do evaluation at their own pace. People would often send a message to the vote thread saying "please wait till next Monday" or something to indicate their commitment.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Well, that vote was started months ago, so I don't think we should continue
with it.

Yes, the votes should be for at least 72 hours, so I could have waited
more. My apologies.

+1 for cutting a new 5.5.0-beta-3, since we got a number of commits since
beta-2.

Also, a reminder to the team and myself: we should probably update the
version of the Google Closure Compiler we use in tapestry-webresources.

--
Thiago