Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 19:08:44 UTC

Classloading issues in Gora

Hi Folks,
A while back we addressed 'GORA-72 Make Gora OSGi ready'[0].
Later on when Scott Stults completed the gora-solr module (yeehaaa) we
discovered the inevitable classloading/jar hell problem identified by
Alfonso in 'GORA-257 Use separate class loaders for each module'
Today when I was messing around with gora-solr module I 'accidentally' ran
the test suite against trunk and came across the classloading issues
associated with conflicting zookeeper versions in gora-hbase and gora-solr
TRUNK code.
It should be noted that *most-likely* this particular zookeeper problem
will vanish once we've merged GORA_94 branch back into trunk as the HBase
upgrade has been made... however this is a far from an idyllic resolution
by any means.
I therefore wanted to get some insight into what we can do about the
classloading issue ebtween modules.
I am by no means familiar with OSGi environments... therefore although my
understanding of this problem is clear... my suggestions for a solution are
virtually non-existent at the moment.
Any ideas folks?
Ta
Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-72
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-257

--
*Lewis*

Re: Classloading issues in Gora

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
I suppose you meant "should not make Gora rely on it".

Maybe we could add one more module with light OSGi-like feature to
support deployment of multi stores of Gora in an application.

It could be as simple as having custom class loader for Gora packages.

- Henry