Posted to user@spark.apache.org by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/23 15:47:22 UTC

How to give name to Spark jobs shown in Spark UI

Hi I have multiple child spark jobs run at a time. Is there any way to name
these child spark jobs so I can identify slow running ones. For e. g.
xyz_saveAsTextFile(),  abc_saveAsTextFile() etc please guide. Thanks in
advance.

Re: How to give name to Spark jobs shown in Spark UI

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.
As far as I know, the best you can do is refer to the Actions by line number.

Posted by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com>.
Thank Rahul I think you didn't read question properly I have one main spark
job which I name using the approach you described. As part of main spark
job I create multiple threads which essentially becomes child spark jobs
and those jobs has no direct way of naming.

Posted by rahulkumar-aws <ra...@gmail.com>.

-----