Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by MK <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/07 04:22:48 UTC

How is data propagated

Say I have a cluster of N nodes and I have started all the nodes with
a replication factor of N. So effectively all data is being mirrored
everywhere.

Now, when I write to a node, how does this data get propagated to the
remaining N-1 nodes.

1) Does this one origin node do N-1 network operations to send the data off
2) or does the data replication happen in some special distributed
manner (say origin node writes it to its neigbhors who further write
it to their neighbors and so on )

I need to know this because I am thinking about what happens when say
the link between two datacenters is down.

Regards,
MK

Re: How is data propagated

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.