Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2023/02/02 08:49:58 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting JSP 2.6.2

Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Radu Cotescu, Carsten Ziegeler, Angela Schreiber, Karl Pauls
+1 (non-binding): Jörg Hoh

I will copy this release to the Sling dist directory and
promote the artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Regards,
Radu Cotescu

Re: Funny bug in the Committer CLI tool (Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting JSP 2.6.2)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Do I get an answer as well :-) ?

On Thu, 2023-02-02 at 21:00 +0100, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> I actually fix the bug and start transliterating names before
> comparison

I think that's the best solution, given that there are multiple ways to
spell a name and various reasons to use alternative ways of spelling.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Funny bug in the Committer CLI tool (Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting JSP 2.6.2)

Posted by Jörg Hoh <jh...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Radu,

to be honest, I am not consistent in the way I spell my name (in any
non-formal/legal case). The umlaut in my name is probably just one case,
and I assume that there are many other situations out there, where names
can be transcribed in multiple ways (or at least have been, for many
reasons), as Robert already mentioned. Also my instead of "surname
lastname" I know corporations where the naming is the other way around
"lastname surname" (that would be "Hoh, Joerg" in my case), not even
mentioning enterprises, where your even the name of the division you are
part of is attached to the name field by default.

Jörg

--
Cheers,
Jörg Hoh,

https://cqdump.joerghoh.de
Twitter: @joerghoh

Funny bug in the Committer CLI tool (Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting JSP 2.6.2)

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,