Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manchan <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/02 22:44:11 UTC

Default Servlet Parameters

*** THE QUESTION ***

I'd like to load global init parameters for my
servlets on Tomcat, in the manner which Jserv
accomplishes with its |zone.properties| file using the
line |servlets.default.initArgs=myParameter=myValue|.

*** MY GUESS TO QUESTION ***

I presume the Tomcat analogue to the above is adding
<init-param> tags to $TOMCAT/conf/web.xml, e.g.

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>default</>
   <servlet-class>org.path.to.DefaultServlet</>
   <init-param>
      <param-name>myParameter</>
      <param-value>myValue</>
   </init-param>
</servlet>

*** UNFORTUNATELY ***

In DefaultServlet.java, it statically loads only five
init-parameters, namely "debug", "input", "listings",
"output", "readonly".  I would need to alter Tomcat
code to accept |myParameter|.  There must be a better way.