Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by Joshua Poore <po...@me.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/24 01:02:58 UTC

Name Change Process

@Lewis

Have started to build out a ticket structure to cross-reference research activities on PODLINGNAMESEARCH for tracking purposes https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENSSOFT-308 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENSSOFT-308> (fully understand that search activity needs to be done on PODLINGNAMESEARCH, just want to streamline tracking within our JIRA instance). Also have built a place to summarize results of PODLINGNAMESEARCH for posterity and easy access on our wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/PODLINGNAMESEARCH <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/PODLINGNAMESEARCH>.  Write access to the Branding and Marketing pages is restricted to PPMC & committers, but is publicly visible. Any and all comments are useful. Using guidance from: https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html <https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html>. Check it out and comment.

Re: Name Change Process

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@me.com.INVALID>.
@Lewis

Also, worthwhile to do name search on product names—UserALE, TAP, Distill—while we’re at it, in prep for eventual Graduation. I’m assuming the process for products is identical to projects, in our case (products nested within a project). Yes?

Josh