Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/22 07:41:57 UTC

SolrJ Tutorial

Hi, all,

In the past, I always used SolrNet to interact with Solr. It works great.
Now, I need to use SolrJ. I think it should be easier to do that than
SolrNet since Solr and SolrJ should be homogeneous. But I cannot find a
tutorial that is easy to follow. No tutorials explain the SolrJ programming
step by step. No complete samples are found. Could anybody offer me some
online resources to learn SolrJ?

I also noticed Solr Cell and SolrJ POJO. Do you have detailed resources to
them?

Thanks so much!
LB

Re: SolrJ Tutorial

Posted by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com>.
I got the solution. Attach one complete sample code I made as follows.

Thanks,
LB

package com.greatfree.Solr;

import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.response.QueryResponse;
import org.apache.solr.common.params.ModifiableSolrParams;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrQuery;
import org.apache.solr.common.SolrDocumentList;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.beans.Field;

import java.net.MalformedURLException;

public class SolrJExample
{
        public static void main(String[] args) throws MalformedURLException,
SolrServerException
        {
                SolrServer solr = new CommonsHttpSolrServer("
http://192.168.210.195:8080/solr/CategorizedHub");

                SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
                query.setQuery("*:*");
                QueryResponse rsp = solr.query(query);
                SolrDocumentList docs = rsp.getResults();
                System.out.println(docs.getNumFound());

                try
                {
                        SolrServer solrScore = new CommonsHttpSolrServer("
http://192.168.210.195:8080/solr/score");
                        Score score = new Score();
                        score.id = "4";
                        score.type = "modern";
                        score.name = "iphone";
                        score.score = 97;
                        solrScore.addBean(score);
                        solrScore.commit();
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                        System.out.println(e.toString());
                }

        }
}

Re: SolrJ Tutorial

Posted by Grijesh <pi...@gmail.com>.
It comes with every solr source code download directory under

src/test

-----
Thanx:
Grijesh
http://lucidimagination.com

Re: SolrJ Tutorial

Posted by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com>.
Dear Lance,

Could you tell me where I can find the unit tests code?

I appreciate so much for your help!

Best regards,
LB

Re: SolrJ Tutorial