Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Steve Kraft <sm...@pacbell.net> on 2004/03/05 22:47:30 UTC

xerces for C++ Builder

I am attempting to build xerces using either C++ Builder 4 or C++ Builder 6.
I downloaded the current source release of xerces-c, and successfully built
the library xerces.lib.  I then created the dll using "implib -w -f",
include the .LIB file in my project, and put the .DLL in my projects path.
Then I build the sample programs (like DOMPrint or SAXPrint) and they fail
before they reach main().  Does anyone have advice for me in trying to use
xerces with C++ Builder?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: xerces for C++ Builder

Posted by Vitaly Prapirny <ma...@mebius.net>.
Hi,
Steve Kraft wrote:
> I am attempting to build xerces using either C++ Builder 4 or C++ Builder 6.
> I downloaded the current source release of xerces-c, and successfully built
> the library xerces.lib.  I then created the dll using "implib -w -f",
> include the .LIB file in my project, and put the .DLL in my projects path.
> Then I build the sample programs (like DOMPrint or SAXPrint) and they fail
> before they reach main().  Does anyone have advice for me in trying to use
> xerces with C++ Builder?
xerces-c source distribution is include all you need to one step build
dll, lib and samples with C++Builder6. Please use
Projects\Win32\BCC.551\Xerces-all\Xerces-all.mak or
Projects\Win32\BCB6\Xerces-all\Xerces-all.bpg.

Good luck !
	Vitaly