Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Mateusz Zakarczemny <m....@gmail.com> on 2019/02/18 21:59:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-431: Support of printing additional ConsumerRecord fields in DefaultMessageFormatter

Hi all,

I have created a KIP to support additional message fields in console
consumer:
KIP-431 - Support of printing additional ConsumerRecord fields in
DefaultMessageFormatter
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-431%3A+Support+of+printing+additional+ConsumerRecord+fields+in+DefaultMessageFormatter>

The main purpose of the proposed change is to allow printing message
offset, partition and headers in console consumer. Changes are backward
compatible and impact only console consumer parameters.

PR: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4807
Jira ticket: KAFKA-6733 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6733>

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Mateusz Zakarczemny

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-431: Support of printing additional ConsumerRecord fields in DefaultMessageFormatter

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the KIP. looks good to me.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Love it. Thanks.

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-431: Support of printing additional ConsumerRecord fields in DefaultMessageFormatter

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
+1, looks like a good improvement!

Best,
Colin