Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/11/07 12:32:29 UTC

Storage overprovisioning for RBD / disable threshold?

Dear all,

I am using CloudStack 4.2.0, KVM hypervisors, Ceph RBD primary storage and
NFS secondary storage.

I tried to change the storage.overprovisioning.factor from 1 to 2 under
Global Settings, and it doesn't seem to work on my primary storage. The
total amount of disk space seems to be remain the same, unlike the
secondary storage which increases by double. Is there a way how I can
enable overprovisioning on my RBD primary storage?

Is it possible for us to disable the threshold of
pool.storage.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold? At the moment we can set
an amount between 0 and 1 but we cannot disable it.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Storage overprovisioning for RBD / disable threshold?

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Please find answers inline

On 07/11/13 3:32 AM, "Indra Pramana" <in...@sg.or.id> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I am using CloudStack 4.2.0, KVM hypervisors, Ceph RBD primary storage and
>NFS secondary storage.
>
>I tried to change the storage.overprovisioning.factor from 1 to 2 under
>Global Settings, and it doesn't seem to work on my primary storage. The
>total amount of disk space seems to be remain the same, unlike the
>secondary storage which increases by double. Is there a way how I can
>enable overprovisioning on my RBD primary storage?

Last I recall storage over provisioning was for NFS and VMFS only. You
might want to check documentation and open an improvement bug as well.

>Is it possible for us to disable the threshold of
>pool.storage.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold? At the moment we can set
>an amount between 0 and 1 but we cannot disable it.

Setting it to 1 in a way disables it.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Please find answers inline