Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2018/01/23 13:51:43 UTC

Status of Apache NetBeans

Hi all,

Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta rc2 passed the PPMC vote, though
during the IPMC vote a number of issues were identified.

These issues are listed here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Beta+rc3

The majority of the issues relate to remaining licensing concerns.
Given the size of Apache NetBeans, there's not much more that needs to
be done.

You're invited to read through the above and pick an issue that seems
doable to you and to fix it. Or, if something is unclear or you have
ideas, feel free to add your comments to the related issue.

As a result of the work that needs to be done, and the fact that a new
release candidate will need to be produced, with a new vote thread,
etc, this means a delay for the start of NetCAT. However, again, these
issues that we're resolving now are good to have identified and fixed
now, rather than later -- though the more help and the more people
involved to pick up issues and work on them, the better.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Status of Apache NetBeans

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@kodewerk.com>.