Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Abu Mariam <ab...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/10 01:42:22 UTC

SaWa and WS-I Attachment Profile

Hi,

I am trying to use web services with Soap with  attachments using Axis 1.4. I have been trying to capture the multipart data over the wire and it appears to be not inline with the examples shown in SaWa spec page and WS-I attachment profile. This is a sample of what Axis generates,

POST /ss07/ets_input/services/ETSInputSoapPort HTTP/1.1
Cookie: _wl_authcookie_=FjIM]PJ]s269K2R9ll5g
Cookie: JSESSIONID=K2TZGTKHQjY1JvRcxfVNpBRfp2hJKvR9CnSx7gqhgTLV1R9LSY1Q!-781940961
SOAPAction: "urn:inputSlice"
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*

------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847

------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847

INPUT DATA

------=_Part_0_889992460.1183746736764--
------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847--

However, when the clients set the Content-Type of he nested multipart to multipart/related rather than multipart/mixed, the server is unable to extract the attachment. Also looking at teh examples from the SaWa spec page and the WS-I attachement prrofile, they don't seem to use nested multiparts, rather they seem to use individual parts with the same boundary and no nesting as shown below. Could someone pls tell me whether the above representation is compliant with the WS-I attachment profile.

POST /ss07/ets_input/services/ETSInputSoapPort HTTP/1.1
Cookie: _wl_authcookie_=FjIM]PJ]s269K2R9ll5g
Cookie: JSESSIONID=K2TZGTKHQjY1JvRcxfVNpBRfp2hJKvR9CnSx7gqhgTLV1R9LSY1Q!-781940961
SOAPAction: "urn:inputSlice"
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*

------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847

------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847
INPUT DATA

------=_Part_1_1027489086.1183746736847--