Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@verideon.com> on 2003/06/18 12:15:09 UTC

how to configure the Counter

I cannot get the Counter to work.  I read through the component reference
and searched the archives, in fact in the archives I found 3 different mails
from people who cannot get the Counter to work and there were no solutions.
What I'd like it to do is to increment the count for each thread.  I'm using
the counter to build a userid, so I'd like something really simple like:

thread 1: user1
thread 2: user2
thread 3: user3
thread n: usern

When I run my test plan, the counter never increments.

Thanks,
Michael Mattox

RE: how to configure the Counter

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@verideon.com>.
If at least 4 people have trouble using the counter, then either it doesn't
work properly or the documention doesn't explain its use adequately.  I
added the counter to my thread group, and gave it a name.  Then in my http
request corresponding to login, I replaced the hard coded userid with
"user${userid_counter}".  The counter never incremented and
${userid_counter} was always equal to 1.  This seems to be the same
experience that 3 others have had.

I'm using 1.9RC2 with JDK 1.4.1_03 on Windows 2000.

Michael

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
I never answered those because the counter just works, and I can't imagine
what you're doing to make it not work.  Try giving a complete account of
software versions, OS, and what your test plan looks like.

-Mike

On 18 Jun 2003 at 12:15, Michael Mattox wrote:

> I cannot get the Counter to work.  I read through the component reference
> and searched the archives, in fact in the archives I found 3 different mails
> from people who cannot get the Counter to work and there were no
solutions.
> What I'd like it to do is to increment the count for each thread.  I'm using
> the counter to build a userid, so I'd like something really simple like:
>
> thread 1: user1
> thread 2: user2
> thread 3: user3
> thread n: usern
>
> When I run my test plan, the counter never increments.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Mattox

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org