Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Hartlén <pe...@sib.se> on 2006/08/21 09:54:40 UTC

Issue tracking system for Subversion

What issue-tracking system are you using with Subversion at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

 / Peter

Using Subversion 1.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux

Re: Issue tracking system for Subversion

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Peter Hartlén wrote:
> What issue-tracking system are you using with Subversion at the moment?

Trac is a superb tool to use in conjunction with Subversion. Some shops
may need more fields and statuses, etc. but its integration with
Subversion is top-notch and very well done. It also has the best
web-based diff viewer I've ever used, and the thorough integration of
its Wiki, Tickets, RSS feeds, and the Subversion repo is great for
productivity and it "just works".

Not to mention it has a thriving support community with numerous useful
add-ons.

toby

Re: Issue tracking system for Subversion

Posted by Erik Forsberg <fo...@cendio.se>.
Peter Hartlén <pe...@sib.se> writes:

> What issue-tracking system are you using with Subversion at the
> moment?

I'm going to _not_ answer your question by telling you that Roundup
(http://roundup.sf.net) has SVN support. I don't use roundup with SVN
myself, but I like roundup, so consider this a shameless plug :-).

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00

Re: Issue tracking system for Subversion

Posted by Henk Wissink <He...@Boschman.NL>.
Hello Peter,

I am not completely sure whether this answers your question but we use Trac: the contents of commit messages for
Subversion can immediately be used by the Trac system (http://trac.edgewall.org/). Furthermore it has a Wiki system
on-board that we also use.

Best regards,

Henk Wissink
-----End------of------this------message-----

Posted by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com>.
We also use Trac.  We're just starting our Trac integration and have
begun using both the ticketing and wiki systems as well.  It's been a
terrific productivity and management tool with the wiki integration
and RSS support for tracking many types of changes/updates.

On 8/21/06, Peter Hartlén <pe...@sib.se> wrote:

> What issue-tracking system are you using with Subversion at the moment?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>  / Peter
>
> Using Subversion 1.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux

--

Rob Wilkerson

Re: Issue tracking system for Subversion

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
Chris.Fouts@qimonda.com wrote:
> You would have to write scripts to do this, to
> be called by the files in the hooks directory.

<snip />
>>> We use Bugzilla.  Commit notes and altered files are automatically
>>> written into bug notes.  It works out very well for us.
>>>
>> How is this done? I.e., which software are you using to do this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> \EF
>> --
>> Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
>> Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00
>> Cendio AB    	             Web: http://www.cendio.com

There are two thoughts on how to accomplish this - One is done through a
third-party "glue" which I didn't have much luck in using (to complex
for me :-) ), and the other is by a direct database write called from
the commit hooks.

You can find the first method here - http://freshmeat.net/projects/scmbug/

There are two options for the second -
  Mine (script only that you can download and modify) -
/http://www.thegrumans.net/projects/svn/commit-mysql.pl/
  Someone else's - http://sean-janus.optionpc.com/me/software/bugtraq/

The script I wrote has never failed me yet.  One of these days I will
actually put up a little instructional page for it.  But I hacked it
together for my company and just haven't had the personal time to do it.

Regards,
Frank

RE: Re: Issue tracking system for Subversion

Posted by Ch...@qimonda.com.

Posted by Erik Forsberg <fo...@cendio.se>.

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Thomas Hemmer <th...@go-engineering.de>.
Peter,

we have been using mantis since 9 months in conjunction with subversion.

Although I have not yet fully integrated those two I heard rumors say it should
not be too much of a hassle to couple an svn commit event with a mantis ticket
state transition via some hook script.
Letting TortoiseSVN hyperlink from log messages to mantis tickets is really a
child's play and worked from scratch.

In the beginning I also considered introducing Trac but finally ended up with
mantis; IMHO it is a very good compromise with respect to maintainability
(requires only PHP and MySQL, no application server and the like) on the one
hand and a rich amount of functionality on the other one.

Server system is an ancient Pentium @ 300MHz running Slackware 9.

HTH,

Thomas

Posted by Hernán Martínez Foffani <he...@ecc.es>.
Peter Hartlén wrote:
> What issue-tracking system are you using with Subversion at the
> moment?

We are using Roundup (free, opensource).
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/

We are very please with it.

Regards,
-H.