Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Tulay Sri <tu...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 00:05:00 UTC

read only db and luceneSupport

Hi,

Within a java app I created a read-only database db.jar with lucenesupport
and created a lucene index. I am now trying to use it to query within
another java code as part of a large ETL job, However, when it comes to
using the db to query lucene based tools, I get null pointer exception even
to get the list of lucene indexes. If I simply query the base tables or if
I unzip this db.jar and run lucene based queries, things are fine. Not sure
where to start. Can anyone give me a hand to figure out what I am missing?

Thanks,
Tulay

Re: read only db and luceneSupport

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/17 5:05 PM, Tulay Sri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Within a java app I created a read-only database db.jar with
> lucenesupport and created a lucene index. I am now trying to use it to
> query within another java code as part of a large ETL job, However,
> when it comes to using the db to query lucene based tools, I get null
> pointer exception even to get the list of lucene indexes. If I simply
> query the base tables or if I unzip this db.jar and run lucene based
> queries, things are fine. Not sure where to start. Can anyone give me
> a hand to figure out what I am missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Tulay

Can you post the following:

1) The SQL statement you are issuing which incurs the NPE

2) The full error message which comes back

3) The contents of derby.log or the portion of derby.log which records
the details of this error

Thanks,

-Rick