Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2012/11/25 19:34:25 UTC

[VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Hi,

Here is a link to Jira with 30 issues resolved:
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18967

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/

The specific binaries for testing can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.0/

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org

The documentation specifically for this release pertains to JSR330 and SLF4J-based logging:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html
http://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
I'm fine with RCs.  Though looking at the download counts for the plugins that changed between the versions not much happened during the RCs. I made the assumption people actually look at them, but they don't. If someone has access to the direct download counts of the distributions that can be validated. I would love it if people checked, sadly empirically it looks like they don't.

Your call. If RCs functioned as intended they would be great, I don't believe they do.

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
He cancelled it.

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Jason,

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Hmm, let me take a look as I tested a bunch of Tycho builds here when I fixed it.

On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:40 AM, Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> wrote:

> -1
>
> MNG-5381 is not fixed. Let's follow up in that ticket.
>
> /Anders
>

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Jason, this email is missing the specific link to the buildable source
>> bundle which is part of the current release vote template.  Since
>> Apache releases are source releases, voters need to be reminded of the
>> location of the source.
>>
>> I think that the relevant link is:
>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.0/apache-maven-3.1.0-src.tar.gz
>>
>> If this is wrong, please correct me.
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a link to Jira with 30 issues resolved:
>>>
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18967
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/
>>>
>>> The specific binaries for testing can be found here:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.0/
>>>
>>> Staging site:
>>> http://maven.apache.org
>>>
>>> The documentation specifically for this release pertains to JSR330 and
>> SLF4J-based logging:
>>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html
>>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jason

>>> Jason van Zyl
>>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>>
>>> People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
>>> Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
>>> actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
>>> is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
>>> looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
>>> you look at, the more general your framework will be.
>>>
>>>  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
He's right, this one is nasty and it would completely screw Tycho users. Just mixed up branch names so the commit didn't go in. I have the fix.

On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It does seem odd that this JIRA was marked fixed and wasn't actually
> fixed. Generally, I'm opposed to blocking a release because 'one more
> bug' isn't fixed, but if this is a simple oversight perhaps it should
> be dealt with?

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

the course of true love never did run smooth ...

 -- Shakespeare

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Good, catch. It is fixed but got mingled into "master" locally by mistake instead of "trunk" so it didn't go in with the dcommit.

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
-1

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
There you go. They are all in that same directory so I just pointed each archive out specifically.

On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason, this email is missing the specific link to the buildable source
> bundle which is part of the current release vote template.  Since
> Apache releases are source releases, voters need to be reminded of the
> location of the source.
>
> I think that the relevant link is:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.0/apache-maven-3.1.0-src.tar.gz
>
> If this is wrong, please correct me.
>

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 30 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18967
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/
>>
>> The specific binaries for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-072/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.0/
>>
>> Staging site:
>> http://maven.apache.org
>>
>> The documentation specifically for this release pertains to JSR330 and SLF4J-based logging:
>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html
>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
>> Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
>> actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
>> is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
>> looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
>> you look at, the more general your framework will be.
>>
>>  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: [VOTE] Maven 3.1.0

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.