Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Galam <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 15:37:24 UTC

Is Tapestry 5 ready?

hi everyone,

Last time when I check the Tapestry mailing list was probably a year a go. I
have been waited patiently for the arrival of Tapestry 5. Now, it seems it
is almost there, but technologies evoves fast. Is Tapestry still a better
framework for building medium to large scale websites when comparing to
other frameworks like Spring?

What is the final release date for Tapestry 5? How much will change between
the current 5.0.6 release and the final version? Should I start playing with
it now or wait until it is final?

Thanks.

galam.

Re: Is Tapestry 5 ready?

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com>.
The question "is Tapestry a better framework..." is entirely a matter of
opinion, ask this question on a few mailing lists you will get different
answers on each one. I personally feel Tapestry 5 is a 'cleaner'
component framework compared to what's available (open source), but
having said that Spring is more mature... it's also a wonderful framework.

good luck,
Peter

Re: Is Tapestry 5 ready?

Posted by Robin Helgelin <lo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/07, Galam <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everyone,

Hi.

> Last time when I check the Tapestry mailing list was probably a year a go. I
> have been waited patiently for the arrival of Tapestry 5. Now, it seems it
> is almost there, but technologies evoves fast. Is Tapestry still a better
> framework for building medium to large scale websites when comparing to
> other frameworks like Spring?

That depends what you are looking for, there are people on this list
that run public sites on T5 since many months back.

The general impression is that the current code works really good,
it's more about missing components, synthetic suger, etc.

> What is the final release date for Tapestry 5? How much will change between
> the current 5.0.6 release and the final version? Should I start playing with
> it now or wait until it is final?

I've seen Q1 2008 for 5.0, but don't quote me. I'll say start playing
now, it won't change that much.

--
        regards,
        Robin