Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Brian <gi...@dipswitch.penguinpowered.com> on 2000/05/11 19:00:39 UTC

(off topic) What would you want to see in a pure java ISP?

Hello out there in Java land!

	I am putting together a business plan to start a pure java
ISP. My plan thus far will have separate dev/production environments for
my customers to test their servlets on. I was thinking of starting out
with alpha boxes running the latest Compaq JVM and TowerJ jvm. That way
you have a standard and accelerated jvm to work on.

	I will "sandbox" the jvm's so that processes from different
customers will not interfere with each other, and provide an RMI/API set
for jvm's to "talk" to each other. The production environment will not be
distributed in nature in the beginning however, I plan to add Load Sharing
Facilities and load balancing over time.

	Dev boxes will have the standard Linux tools for java. I plan on
making these boxes as open as possible for you to develop your java
solutions under. Production will be a little bit more stringent in terms
of processes and system resources.

	I understnad that this sounds vague right now but, I just put the
numbers together and got the capital to start. Please send your
comments/suggestons so that I may hone this plan into a more focussed and
developer aware ISP!  Thanks!!

	I'm excited to hear your feedback!

					Sincerely,

						Brian Gilman