Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/04 22:11:59 UTC

Testing Harness Exception

Hi,

I'm trying to use the testing harness and I get this
exception:

org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component
repository:
org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.jpackage:xml2spec.mojo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xml2spec.mojo.

Any idea what this means?

The test I'm running looks like this:

	public void testMojoLookup() throws Exception {
		File pluginXml = new File(getBasedir(),
				"src/test/resources/unit/testing/pom.xml");
		JPackageMojo mojo = (JPackageMojo)
lookupMojo("xml2spec.mojo",
				pluginXml);
		assertNotNull(mojo);
	}

And the groupId for the mojo
is

org.jpackage

My pom.xml file that I'm loading in the test code
looks like this:

	<build>

		<plugins>

			<plugin>

				<groupId>org.jpackage</groupId>

				<artifactId>xml2spec.mojo</artifactId>

				<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
				<configuration>
				</configuration>

				<executions>

					<execution>

						<id>generate</id>

						<goals>

							<goal>generate</goal>

						</goals>

					</execution>

				</executions>

			</plugin>

		</plugins>

	</build>

</project>

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: ContainerException: Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/06, Brad Harper <br...@epsiia.com> wrote:

> Has anyone seen this error? It occurred when performing the command
>
>    % mvn clean compile war:war cargo:undeploy cargo:deploy
>
> The war seems to have been properly deployed (Tomcat 5.5.9) when I
> look. I get a 404 error when I try the expected URL.

For questions about Cargo, please come join us on the Cargo user list:

http://cargo.codehaus.org/Mailing+Lists

--
Wendy

ContainerException: Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period

Posted by Brad Harper <br...@epsiia.com>.
Hello:

Has anyone seen this error? It occurred when performing the command

   % mvn clean compile war:war cargo:undeploy cargo:deploy

The war seems to have been properly deployed (Tomcat 5.5.9) when I
look. I get a 404 error when I try the expected URL.

Thanks.

Brad

[INFO] [yer.DeployerWatchdog] Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [20000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [20000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.
[INFO] Trace
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [20000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.DeployerWatchdog.watch(DeployerWatchdog.java:109)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.DeployerWatchdog.watchForAvailability(DeployerWatchdog.java:78)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.tomcat.internal.AbstractTomcatDeployer.deploy(AbstractTomcatDeployer.java:102)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.DeployerDeployMojo.performDeployerActionOnSingleDeployable(DeployerDeployMojo.java:75)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractDeployerMojo.performDeployerActionOnAllDeployables(AbstractDeployerMojo.java:106)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractDeployerMojo.execute(AbstractDeployerMojo.java:43)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)

Re: Testing Harness Exception

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hey there,

Never mind - I ran

mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse

and it fixed itself.

Thanks,
- Ole

--- Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmmm
>
> I tried it with generate and I still get almost the
> same exception:

org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
> Component descriptor cannot be found in the
> component
> repository:

org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.jpackage:xml2spec.mojo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:generate.

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hmmm

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Oooooooh -

Thanks Dietrich!  That may have taken a while to
figure out.

Posted by Dietrich Schulten <ds...@escalon.de>.