Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Sandberg <da...@siliconpoetry.com> on 2001/04/14 19:25:58 UTC

mod_webapp.so advice

It seems to me that mod_webapp.so is not ready to be used.  I've spent a
lot of time trying to get it to work, and I can get it to work somewhat,
but it doesn't seem to properly pass form fields from apache to tomcat.

I was using Apache 1.3.14 with Tomcat 4.0b3.  I used the mod_webapp.so
from Tomcat 4.0b1.  ( I also tried using mod_webapp.so with Tomcat
4.0b1).

So it seems there is currently no way to connect apache to tomcat 4.
Obviously Tomcat 4.0 is in BETA and so this is reasonable.  I wish
someone had given me this warning though! :)

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

-Dan

RE: mod_webapp.so advice

Posted by "Fox, the Balloon Fox" <to...@balloonfox.com>.
Hi there! I just wanted to say that while I myself haven't tried using
mod_webapp, I've had great luck using mod_jk to connect Apache to Tomcat 4b.
It worked great with ajp12 and 13 connectors on my win2k system.

Fox, the Balloon Fox