Posted to users@libcloud.apache.org by martin vu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 21:57:14 UTC

connecting to rackspace

hi

does anyone have any idea why I get this when connecting to rackspace
cloud, this has worked previously

I am using

Driver = get_driver(getattr(Provider, LOCATION))
    conn = Driver(RACKSPACE_USER, RACKSPACE_KEY)

conn.list_images()

and I get this following error

/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.pyc in connect(self)
   1155
   1156             sock = socket.create_connection((self.host, self.port),
-> 1157                                             self.timeout,
self.source_address)
   1158             if self._tunnel_host:
   1159                 self.sock = sock

/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.pyc in create_connection(address, timeout,
source_address)
    551     host, port = address
    552     err = None
--> 553     for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM):
    554         af, socktype, proto, canonname, sa = res
    555         sock = None

gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

Re: connecting to rackspace

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Run it with LIBCLOUD_DEBUG (http://libcloud.apache.org/docs/debugging.html) and
post the whole output here so we can see to which host it's actually trying
to connect.