Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/08/18 00:28:18 UTC

Mixed Case class names and SWF, SWC etc

Hi,

Also doesn't look like it's been consistently applied - for instance in Mustella we have CompileMustellaSwfs.java, SwfLoaderTestAdapter.java and CompileMxmlUtils.java. And what about HtmlTestAdapter.java? All of those class name read fine to me.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Mixed Case class names and SWF, SWC etc

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/17/12 3:43 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Mustella was mostly developed by QA and even the parts I did were not
>> reviewed
> QA didn't review their own code? Ironic much? :-)
Not with respect to the API naming conventions.  We would not have spent
time reviewing stuff not intended for public consumption (which was the case
back then).

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Mixed Case class names and SWF, SWC etc

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Mustella was mostly developed by QA and even the parts I did were not reviewed
QA didn't review their own code? Ironic much? :-)

I with Tink on this and actually prefer the camel case. Not that it's anything to get into a huge debate about. I wouldn't insist it had to be done one way or the other.

Thank,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/17/12 3:28 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Also doesn't look like it's been consistently applied - for instance in
> Mustella we have CompileMustellaSwfs.java, SwfLoaderTestAdapter.java and
> CompileMxmlUtils.java. And what about HtmlTestAdapter.java? All of those class
> name read fine to me.

Mustella was mostly developed by QA and even the parts I did were not
reviewed so there could certainly be things that don't conform.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team