Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Sascha Homeier <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/30 06:10:44 UTC

Query - IN/ANY Predicate

Hi together,

I am unsure about what is the proper behaviour for queries on multi-valued properties.

Is a simple IN operation (without the ANY predicate) on a multi-valued property type allowed or should the server return a CmisInvalidArgumentException?
If allowed, what is the difference between a simple IN and an ANY/IN operation?

tia

Cheers
Sascha

Re: Query - IN/ANY Predicate

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
Hi,

Please check the spec, §2.1.14.2.1 (BNF Grammar) for the allowed syntax:

  <column reference> [ NOT ] IN "(" <in value list> ")"
  <literal> "=" ANY <multi-valued-column reference>
  ANY <multi-valued-column reference> [ NOT ] IN "(" <in value list> ")

Also read §2.1.14.2.4.3 (Multi-valued column references) for explanations.

Florent